This Berry Nutella Galette combines a buttery, flaky pie crust with a layer of Nutella and a sweet and simple strawberry and raspberry pie filling! It is easy to make, requires only a few ingredients, and no pie plate is needed! It’s the perfect amount of sweetness for an after dinner treat!
- 1 Homemade or Store-Bought Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 12 ounces Fresh Strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and cut lengthwise
- 6 ounces Fresh Raspberries, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 Large Egg, whisked and used as egg wash for pie crust (optional)
- Sparkling Sugar or Demarara Sugar, for sprinkling over the crust (optional)
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level position and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare a large jelly roll pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your refrigerated pie dough to approximately 12-14 inches in diameter. Carefully slide onto a sheet of parchment paper, then into the jelly roll pan. Alternatively, you can just roll out the pie dough on to the parchment paper, then place into the jelly roll pan. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced strawberries, raspberries, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and lemon juice. Set to the side.
- Using an offset spatula, spread a layer of Nutella over the the pie dough, leaving a 2 inch gap from the edges (you’ll need this for folding the edges over). You can heat up the Nutella in the microwave for about 45 seconds which makes it easier to spread across the dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon your berry mixture over top of the layer of Nutella, then carefully fold the pie dough edges over to form the edges. The dough will overlap as you make your way around. Your pie crust edges should cover a little bit of the berry mixture.
- If you’d like to give the crust edges a nice shine to it, whisk the egg (or just use the egg white), and apply it using a pastry or silicone brush. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar or demarara sugar (also an optional step).
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. For garnish, melt a little more Nutella and drizzle it over top of the galette! Serve with or without ice cream.
If you don’t have a jelly roll pan, use a baking sheet and place a larger size baking sheet either directly underneath or on the rack below.
You can mix up the different fruit used with the galette – try strawberries and blueberries, blackberries, or just use strawberries.
Brushing egg wash and sprinkling demerara sugar on the pie crust edges are optional.
Keywords: strawberries, raspberries, galette, berry galette, berry nutella galette, nutella, pie crust