These Chocolate Caramel Blossoms are one cookie you must add to your holiday baking list! They’re soft and chocolatey cookies that are rolled in sugar and topped with Hershey Caramel Kisses! They’re simple to make and absolutely delicious! I dare you to each just one!
chocolate caramel blossoms
- 1 3/4 cup (248 grams) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (51 grams) Dutch Process Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) of Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk (1%, 2%, or Fat-free works fine)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) Additional Granulated Sugar (for coating of cookies)
- 1, 10 ounce bag of Hershey Caramel Kisses
- Sea Salt Flakes (optional)
- Salted Caramel Sugar (optional)
- Dark Cocoa Sugar (optional)
chocolate caramel blossoms
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and dutch process baking cocoa. Set to the side.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the large egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce your mixer speed to a slower setting and gradually add in the whisked dry mixture until it’s completely blended. The dough will be on the thicker side.
- Tightly wrap the top of the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- After dough has chilled, adjust your oven to the 2nd level mark and pre-heat your oven to 375ºF. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a small amount of cookie dough, and shape it into 1-inch size balls.
- Roll each ball in a small bowl of granulated sugar (or a flavored sugar of your choice), then place on the cookie sheet, spacing them out approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 375ºF. While your cookies bake, unwrap the number of Hershey Caramel Kisses you’ll need.
- When ready, remove the chocolate caramel blossoms from the oven. As you place a Hershey Caramel Kiss on top of each cookie, press down gently to spread the cookie out slightly. The cookie should show cracks as you do this, and it’s totally okay! Then return the cookies to the oven and bake for 2 minutes longer.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooking rack to cool completely.
- Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container or cookie jar with a slice of bread for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from my late Grammy’s Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms.❤️
Keywords: chocolate caramel blossoms, classic peanut butter blossoms, hershey kiss cookies, christmas cookies, holiday cookies, hershey caramel kisses, hershey kisses, chocolate salted caramel blossoms, dark cocoa sugar, salted caramel sugar