Soft and chewy Double Chocolate Chunk M&M Cookies are a chocolatey treat that’s loaded with M&M’s and chunks of dark chocolate! They’re a simple, no fuss, no dough chilling recipe that’s perfect to make for any springtime holiday or whenever!
- 2 cups (264 grams) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (24 grams) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon (7 grams) Baking Soda
- 1, 3.9 ounce (111 grams) Instant Flavored Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup (163 grams) Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup (58 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup (152 grams) Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 ounces of Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup (284 grams) M&Ms (use any color combination or go with holiday themed colors)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Break up the bar of chocolate into small chunks using a well-sharpened knife and cutting board, or your hands. Set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and instant chocolate pudding. Set to the side.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium-high speed until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add in your whisked dry mixture until well blended.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chunks of dark chocolate and M&Ms.
- With a spoon or cookie scoop (I used my 1 1/2 tablespoon or medium size scoop), drop the cookie dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets and space them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375ºF.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container with a slice of bread for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from my Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
Keywords: double chocolate chunk m&m cookies, chocolate chunk m&m cookies, m&ms, m&m cookies, chocolate cookies, cookies