This Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies recipe gives you light, crispy edges that are soft and fudgy in the middle, with a rich chocolatey, caramel taste, and sea salt flakes lightly sprinkled on top! For a little extra sweetness, you can drizzle over the top some more caramel or dulce de leche. These are easy to make, require ZERO chilling before baking, and are absolutely perfect for anyone that loves cookies, chocolate, or a really good sweet and salty combo with their dessert!
- 2 1/4 cups (315 grams) of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup (226 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (212 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (198 grams) Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Caramel Flavored Chips
- Sea Salt Flakes for sprinkling over top of cookies
- Caramel Sauce or Dulce de Leche (optional, for drizzling over the top)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or you can use silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix together until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Switching the mixer speed to low, gradually add in your whisked dry ingredients until just combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips and caramel chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop (I used the 1 1/2 tablespoon size), drop dough by the spoonful leaving 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Lightly sprinkle the tops of each cookie with the sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375ºF (mine baked for 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Drizzle the tops of each cookies with a little caramel sauce or dulce de leche (optional).
- Keep stored in an airtight container for up to a week with a slice of bread.
Recipe adapted from my Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies and the St. Stephen's Family Recipes cookbook.
Keywords: double chocolate salted caramel cookies, chocolate caramel cookies, salted caramel cookies, salted caramel double chocolate chip cookies, chocolate caramel cookies recipe, double chocolate cookies recipe, chocolate, caramel, cookies