If you’re looking for a last minute dessert recipe, these Easy Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are PERFECT! This recipe is a combination of your classic chocolate chip cookie dough mixed with red and green M&M’s, chocolate chips, and pretzels! They’re soft and chewy just like your favorite chocolate chip cookie, except there is no chilling time required for the dough! And, even better yet, they’re the perfect combo of salty and sweet! Ditch the cookie scoop and give these delicious holiday chocolate chip cookie bars a try!
- 3 cups (425 grams) of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup (226 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (205 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (179 grams) Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (196 grams) Holiday Colored M&M’s of your choice, plus a bit extra for topping
- 1 cup (165 grams) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus a bit extra for topping
- 1 cup (60 grams) Salted Pretzels, broken into small pieces, plus a bit extra for topping
- Adjust your oven rack to the second level mark and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Generously spray a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with a flour-based baking spray. If you like, you can add a parchment paper sling to the pan for easy removal of the bars before cutting. Make sure to respray the top of the paper with the flour-based baking spray if going with this option.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set to the side.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Add in the large eggs one at a time, until each one is fully mixed with the batter. Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce your mixer speed to a slower setting, then gradually add in your whisked dry mixture until it is just combined. Do not over mix the cookie batter.
- Using a spatula or spoon, add in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, and broken pieces of pretzels. The cookie dough mixture should be thick and a little sticky.
- Spoon the cookie dough into the 13″ x 9″ baking pan, then evenly spread it out until it reaches the edges. You can use your clean hands or a spatula sprayed lightly with some flour-based baking spray.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes or until the top is a nice light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares.
Keywords: easy holiday chocolate chip cookie bars, holiday chocolate chip cookie bars, cookie bars, chocolate chips, easy holiday recipes, holiday desserts, cookie bars