This Funfetti Butter Cookies recipe gives you gooey, buttery cookies that are melt-in-your-mouth good! Using only 7 ingredients, these rainbow sprinkled, super soft treats are a no-fuss, easy-to-follow recipe that’s perfect to make for any occasion!
- 8 ounces (226 grams) Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Box (16.25 ounces) White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (95 grams) Rainbow Colored Sprinkles
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Confectioners Sugar
- Sparkling Sugar – for added sparkle to the tops of the cookies (optional)
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and unsalted butter together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and continue to mix on medium-high speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce your mixer speed to low and gradually add in the white cake mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, stir in rainbow color sprinkles.
- Tightly cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- After dough chilling is compete and you’re ready to bake, adjust your oven rack to the 2nd level mark, just above center, then preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone mats. Set to the side.
- With a medium size cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop the cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Roll them in the confectioners sugar, then place the cookies about 1 1/2 – 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350ºF or until until the bottoms turn a nice light golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Use a spatula to transfer them to the cooling racks because the cookies will be very soft!
- Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: funfetti butter cookies, funfetti gooey butter cookies, funfetti cookies, cake mix cookies, cake batter cookies, rainbow colored sprinkles