These Holiday Jamboree Cookies (also known as Thumbprint Cookies) are so easy to make and you can choose to use any jam or jelly for the center! Make them for your next holiday work party, book or wine club night, or for Santa because I hear he likes them!
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Small jar of strawberry preserves (or whatever jam or jelly you prefer!)
- Piping bag (optional, but helpful for piping the jam or jelly into the center of the cookie)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed, beat together the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla.
- Switching the mixer speed to low, add in the dry mixture 1 cup at a time until completely combined.
- Cover the top of the cookie dough tightly with plastic wrap or alternative and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours. Overnight is even better.
- When ready to bake, adjust your oven rack to the 2nd level position and pre-heat your oven to 375ºF.
- Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop (1/2"), roll the cookie dough into balls and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb or a spoon, dip in cold water (to avid the dough sticking to you or the spoons) and make a dent in center of each cookie. Fill dent with jam or jelly of your choosing (I used strawberry jam) using a spoon or a piping bag with the tip cut off. [OPTIONAL] Sprinkle tops with sparkling sugar or chopped walnuts or pecans (I opted for just the sparking sugar with a touch of edible gold dust cause I'm fancy like that).
- Bake at 375ºF for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should have a very light golden brown color to them. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Keywords: jamboree cookies, thumbprint cookies, holiday jamboree cookies, holiday thumbprint cookies, holiday cookies, christmas cookies, jam-filled thumbprint cookies