Hot Chocolate and Mini Marshmallow, I’d like for you to meet Cookie. The three of you are going to get along really well As the weather gets cooler you will definitely want to make these Hot Chocolate Mini Marshmallow Cookies! They’re super rich and chocolatey, topped with melted bits of chocolate and mini marshmallows!
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 12 oz. (1 bag) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate, diced or broken into small pieces
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- Adjust oven rack to 2nd level position and pre-heat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low- to medium-low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed, beat the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Adjust the mixer speed to low and add the dry mixture a little at a time until fully combined.
- Keeping the mixer speed on low, add in the melted chocolate and butter and mix until combined. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to scoop or roll into balls (minimum 1 hour). If refrigerating overnight, please allow cookie dough to sit at room temp for 15-30 minutes before scooping.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2″ apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Add a few pieces of broken/chopped pieces of chocolate and 3-4 mini marshmallows. Put back into the oven and bake for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough, chocolate pieces, and mini marshmallows.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.
Keywords: hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies, hot chocolate cookies, hot chocolate cookies pinterest, chocolate cookies, cookies, cookies for fall, cookie recipes for fall, chocolate cookie recipes, hot chocolate cookies with mini marshmallows, marshmallows