Grab the ice cream, whipped cream, the maraschino cherries, and some spoons because this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is LEGIT good! It's ooey gooey, chocolatey and soooo so easy to make!
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (3/4 cup for bottom layer, 1/2 cup sugar for middle layer)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 7 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa (3 tbsp. for bottom layer, 4 tbsp. for middle layer)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 8" x 8" Square Pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease square pan and set aside.
- For the bottom layer: Using your hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tbsp. cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add in milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract and beat until blended and smooth. Spoon the bottom layer into the lightly greased 8" x 8" square pan, spreading it out so it covers the entire bottom.
- For the middle layer: In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 4 tbsp. of cocoa. Sprinkle the entire dry mixture evenly over the bottom layer.
- For the top layer: Using a heat proof glass measuring cup, microwave the water for 3 minutes or until the water is boiling. Pour the hot water over top of the middle and bottom layers, but DO NOT STIR.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350ºF. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes before spooning into bowls or glasses. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry (if desired).
Keywords: hot fudge pudding cake, super easy hot fudge pudding cake, pudding cake, hot fudge, cake, easy desserts, hot fudge sundae