This No Bake Dark Chocolate Tart has a buttery chocolate biscuit crust that's filled with a decadent dark chocolate ganache and topped with some leftover crust crumbles! It tastes soooo, so good!
Table of Contents
No Bake Dark Chocolate Tart Ingredients
There are two parts to this no bake dark chocolate tart. Both parts are easy to make and require a small list of ingredients, however, both will also require time for chilling, so make sure to plan ahead!
Buttery Chocolate Biscuit Crust
The first part of this recipe is the buttery chocolate biscuit crust, which comes together very easily in a food processor using Bahlsen's (Milk Chocolate) Choco Leibniz Crispy Biscuits, vanilla extract, and melted unsalted butter.
The crust will form this very soft mixture that you'll be able to mold into the 14" rectangular tart pan using a spatula or—if you prefer—your clean, dry hands.
You'll then place the tart pan with the crust into the refrigerator for roughly 2 hours or—my personal preference—overnight to let it get nice and firm.
Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling
The second part of this recipe is the dark chocolate ganache filling. This is made up of 70% cocoa dark chocolate, heavy whipping cream, a little honey, and some softened room temperature unsalted butter, which gives you this thick and creamy, decadent filling when it's all mixed together!
It's so incredibly good, you will want to just eat it with a spoon! Once made, you'll pour the filling into the tart pan and smooth out the top using a spatula. Then it goes back into the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours.
Helpful Tips Before Starting
Before starting this No Bake Dark Chocolate Tart recipe, here are a few tips and recommended tools to consider.
- For this recipe I used this 14" Rectangular Tart Pan.
- In case milk chocolate isn't your thing, Bahlsen also makes these biscuits in dark chocolate and a caramel version.
- Take note that each part of this recipe calls for different consistencies of butter. The buttery chocolate biscuit crust calls for melted unsalted butter, while the chocolate ganache filling calls for softened, room temperature butter. The latter consistency does not mean melted butter. Softened, room temperature butter, when handled, should be soft and shouldn't have any cold or hard spots.
- After making the buttery chocolate biscuit crust and placing it in the tart pan, you'll want to chill it in the freezer for about 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for roughly 1-2 hours to allow it to firm.
- For the dark chocolate ganache filling, I used a 70% cacao dark chocolate, but you can use whatever you like best!
- After pouring the dark chocolate ganache filling into the tart pan, chill it for 3-4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, run a cutting knife under super hot water. Then wipe off with a clean towel and slice into the dark chocolate tart. This will give you a nice clean cut! Repeat as you cut each slice.
Recommended Baking Tools
Essential Tart Making Tools
Enjoy These Other No Bake Treats!
No Bake Dark Chocolate TartAuthor:
buttery chocolate biscuit crust
- 17.6 oz Bahlsen's Chocolate Leibniz Biscuits (2, 8.8 oz packages) (finely crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (melted)
buttery chocolate biscuit crust
- Using a food processor, pulverize the Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Biscuit Cookies into fine crumbs. Add in the vanilla extract and melted unsalted butter, and blend together until mixture forms.17.6 oz Bahlsen's Chocolate Leibniz Biscuits (2, 8.8 oz packages), 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Spoon the crust mixture into the 14" rectangular tart pan and press into the bottom and sides of the tart pan using either a spatula or your fingers. To level the bottom of the crust, you can use the bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass.
- Place the tart pan into the freezer to chill set for a minimum of 30 minutes. You can also place this into the refrigerator to set for about 1-2 hours or overnight. If making days in advance, you can double wrap the tart pan carefully in plastic wrap, keeping it stored in the freezer until ready to use.
dark chocolate ganache filling
- To make the dark chocolate ganache filling, break apart the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add in the honey and butter, but don't stir together just yet!12.25 oz 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- In a small sauce pan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil. Then remove from heat and immediately pour over top of the chocolate, butter, and honey. Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil and let sit for 2-3 minutes at room temperature.1 ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 tablespoon Honey
- Remove the foil and stir the dark chocolate ganache mixture together until it's nice and smooth. If you need to heat up the mixture to allow all the butter and chocolate to melt, you can do so in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
assembling the dark chocolate tart
- Pour the dark chocolate ganache into the tart pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. If you have any leftover cookies from the crust, you can break them up into small crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Place the dark chocolate tart into the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours (or overnight) before serving.
This recipe post was originally sponsored by Bahlsen Cookies. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help to make Beyond the Butter possible!