These are THE BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies ever! They're a much bigger, more spread out cookie that is thin and slightly crispy on the outside, but oh-so-delicious and chewy on the inside. They are absolutely perfect!
- 2 cups Super Fine Almond Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli's Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli's Caramel Baking Chips
- Malden Flaky Sea Salt
recommended baking tool
- 2" cookie scoop
- Adjust your oven rack to the 2nd level position and pre-heat your oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it's well blended and creamy.
- Add in the egg making sure it's blended completely, followed by the egg yolk of the 2nd egg. Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Switch the mixer speed to low and add in the dry mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Keeping the mixer speed on low, add in the oatmeal. The cookie dough will be very thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the caramel chips using a spatula until it is completely blended.
- Using a 2" cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on to the baking sheet. Because these will spread, I would suggest spacing these at least 3" apart. Depending on the size of your cookie sheets too, you may only be able to get 4-6 on there.
- Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt and place in the oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes (mine baked well at 13 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with some more chocolate chips (if desired). Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring (carefully) to a cooling rack.
You can use all-purpose flour in place of the almond flour (1:1 substitution), but the cookie may not spread out as much. They'll still be good though!
If you don't have the Ghirardelli's Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips on hand, you can most certainly use the regular size semi-sweet baking chips. You may want to use more of the regular size chips, so you get a good balance of the chocolate, caramel, and oatmeal in one bite.
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip salted caramel cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, salted caramel cookies, oatmeal, chocolate chip, salted caramel, easy dessert recipes, cookie recipes, easy cookie recipes