One Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread—a classic that's been a favorite of mine for a long time and now I am sharing it with you! This easy chocolate zucchini bread recipe makes two moist and delicious, chocolatey loaves of bread that's chock full of chocolate chips in each bite! Keep one for yourself and give the other one to a friend or new neighbor!
- 2 cups (396g) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (225 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups (426g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cups (50g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 cups (400g, approximately 3 medium zucchinis) Grated Zucchini (do not drain excess liquid)
- 1, 12 ounce Bag of Semi-Sweet (or Milk) Chocolate Chips, divided (8 ounces or 227 grams for the bread mixture, remaining 4 ounces or 113 grams for topping)
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level position and pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Generously spray 2 bread loaf tins with a flour-based baking spray or grease with vegetable shortening and lightly flour. Set aside. See my Quick Tips and Recommended Baking Tools above for adding a parchment paper sling to help remove the bread loaves after baking.
- In a large-size bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and mix until combined.
- With a spoon, stir in the grated zucchini and 8 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter into the two prepared loaf tins, top with remaining 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the chocolate zucchini bread loaves in the pans for approximately 5-10 minutes before removing them from the tins, and transferring them to the cooling racks to cool completely.
Can also be made as 8 mini loaves! Keep the 350ºF temperature the same, but reduce the baking time to 35-40 minutes. Place the mini tins on a large baking sheet to help transport them into and out of the oven.
Keywords: chocolate zucchini bread, one bowl chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini bread, bread, own bowl dessert recipes, bread recipes, chocolate, zucchini, chocolate zucchini