This Sprinkled Heart Cupcakes tutorial shows you how to decorate cupcakes using a small, heart-shaped cookie cutter, sprinkles, and your favorite cupcakes! It’s easy, it’s fun, and the recipient of your cupcakes will absolutely love them!
- Your favorite cupcake and frosting recipe
- Sprinkles, nonpareils, or sparking sugar
- Small spoon
- Food tweezers
- Jelly roll pan
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes using a large round piping tip like the Wilton 1A. Another alternative is to use an offset spatula to frost each cupcake.
- Using an offset spatula, smooth and level out the top of each cupcake. You need a relatively flat surface to place the cookie cutter on. This will help avoid any big gaps between the cookie cutter and frosting too.
- Gently place your heart-shaped cookie cutter on top. You don’t need to push it down super far. Just enough so there are no open gaps between the cookie cutter and the frosting.
- Add a small amount of sprinkles inside the cookie cutter. Using a teaspoon or a small spoon, preferable with a long handle works well.
- Rotate and tilt the cupcake around to move the sprinkles into place. This helps to cover any open areas. If you need to add in more sprinkles though, go for it.
- When finished, tap the sprinkles gently into place using your finger or food tweezers. If you don’t get them all, the next step will help remove them!
- Remove any excess sprinkles by simply placing a finger on top of the cookie cutter and carefully tilting it over top of the bowl.
- Using both hands, gently lift the cookie cutter up and away from the cupcake. With your finger or the food tweezers, you can pat down any remaining loose sprinkles.
- Repeat again until all of your cupcakes are decorated, then enjoy!
Keywords: how to decorate cupcakes with a sprinkled heart, sprinkled heart tutorial, cupcake decorating tutorial