For an easy, year-round treat give these Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies a try! They’re super soft and chewy on the inside, with just a hint of crispiness on the outside. Absolute perfection!
- 2 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3.4 ounce Package Instant Flavored Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2, 8 ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into small chunks – or – 11. 5 ounces Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- Sea Salt Flakes, optional (for sprinkling over cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Break up the bars of chocolate into small chunks using a hammer or your hands. Set aside. If you’re using chocolate chips, you can skip this step.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and instant vanilla pudding. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium-high speed until fully incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract until completely blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, then gradually add in your whisked dry mixture until well blended. Fold in the chunks of chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop (I used the 1 1/2 tablespoon size), drop the cookie dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheets and space them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt flakes onto each cookie (optional step).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375ºF (mine baked for 10 minutes), until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooking rack.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from the 2001, A Taste of Bedminster Elementary School cookbook.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, chocolate chips, super soft chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe, super soft chocolate chip cookies recipe, super soft cookies, milk chocolate chips