This is the BEST Rice Krispie Treats recipe you will ever need! They are ooey-gooey with just the right amount of butter and loaded with lots of marshallowy goodness! They take less than 20 minutes to whip up, with a minimum of 1 hour to set, then it’s time to eat!
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp. or Pinch of Salt
- 2, 10.5 oz. Mini Marshmallow Bags, divided (1 1/2 bags for the initial mixture, the remaining 1/2 bag for the end)
- 9 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Line a 9″x 13″ rectangular pan with aluminum foil, then butter or spray the inside with a little baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large-size pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Reduce the heat and stir in 1 1/2 bags (15.75 oz.) of mini marshmallows until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice krispies cereal, stirring until the mixture is fully combined.
- Add in the remaining 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows and stir until they’ve been evenly distributed through out the mixture. Do not continue to stir these until they’ve full melted. You want to have the mini marshmallows showing in the rice krispie treats after cutting them into squares.
- Scoop the rice krispie treats mixture into the aluminum foil-lined and buttered pan and, using a spatula (see tip for this above in main blog post!), press down on the mixture and smooth out until level and all the corners have been filled in.
- Allow the rice krispie treats to set for a minimum of 1 hour before removing them with the foil from the pan and cutting them into squares.
- Keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Keywords: rice krispie treats recipe, rice krispies, best ever rice krispie treats, best rice krispie treats recipe, rice crispy treats, summer desserts, easy desserts, no-bake