How to Decorate a Pumpkin Pie with Cream Cheese Frosting
This easy tutorial will show you how to decorate a pumpkin pie with cream cheese frosting and just a few simple tools. It's fun, it's festive, and a great way to make your pumpkin pie stand out this holiday season!
Small Rounded Piping Tip
Small Piping Bag
Revolving Cake Stand
- 1 Pumpkin Pie, baked and cooled
- 1 Small Batch Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Small Rounded Piping Tip, Wilton or Ateco sizes 1-2
- 1 Small Piping Bag, 10 inch or 12 inch
- 1 Revolving Cake Stand
- Design to Use as a Guide
Fill a small piping bag fitted with a small rounded piping tip with your cream cheese frosting.
Place your pumpkin pie onto a revolving cake stand.
Begin by piping the larger shapes from your design, rotating the cake stand after each piped shape.
Fill in the open areas with smaller shapes from your design until the top of the pumpkin pie is completed to your liking. You can also add in dots or tiny circles as filler shapes.
Place the decorated pumpkin pie in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
For the small batch cream cheese frosting you will need:
Use your hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat the unsalted butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until well blended. Add in the vanilla extract. Switch the mixer speed to low and add in the sifted powdered sugar.
- 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons, 31 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces (44 grams) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (115 grams) Sifted Powdered Sugar