Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are a delicious twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie that uses almond butter to give them a nice nutty flavor! With this small batch recipe you get 6 large cookies that are super soft and chewy in the center with a light, crispy golden brown outside that are packed with semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped pecans. And for a touch of salty to all that sweet—sprinkle on some sea salt flakes!
Table of Contents
Reasons Why You'll Love These Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Super soft and chewy inside with a crispy outside.
- A simple, no fuss cookie recipe.
- No cookie dough chilling required.
- 15 minutes or less to prep.
- Loaded with chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- A small batch recipe that makes 6 large chocolate chip cookies.
- Taste incredibly good warm.
- A great treat to make for the family or a new neighbor.
These really are an easy to make recipe that anyone can enjoy! If you make them, remember to share a photo or 2 with me over on social and/or leave a review below!
How to Freeze Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Freezing this almond butter chocolate chip cookie dough is easy and a nice time saver! You will need a cookie scoop, baking sheet, freezer bag, and a permanent marker.
The following instructions work for my other cookies as well!
- Make the cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop and/or your hands, shape the cookie dough into 6 balls and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Freeze the cookie dough balls until they are firm (1-2 hours).
- Place them side by side into the freezer bag and, before sealing, remove as much air as possible. If using a vacuum sealer, it will remove the air for you.
- Write the cookie dough name on the bag along with the expiration date (3 months from the date made).
- Bake when ready to eat! Do not bring to room temperature before baking. Simply add a few minutes to the recommended baking time.
Instead of a freezer bag, you can also use a food vacuum sealing system like FoodSaver. I swear by mine! Note, you will also need vacuum sealed bags.
I recommend freezing them in smaller size cookie dough balls.
What Kind of Almond Butter Do I Need?
For this almond butter chocolate chip pecan cookies recipe, I recommend using a creamy, no-stir almond butter. You can also use the crunchy kind if you want a little more crunch with your cookie.
If you have the type that you need to stir, that is fine. Just make sure you stir it up really good before adding to the other ingredients.
Almond Butter Substitutions. While I have not made these with any other nut butter, you can use peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter in place of almond butter. The ratio is a 1:1 replacement.
Pecans Substitutions. If pecans are not your thing, you can use walnuts, almonds, or macadamia nuts! Or you can omit the pecans from the recipe entirely, and double up on the chocolate chips!
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Substitutions. While I didn't test this recipe using anything but semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can try swapping them out for milk chocolate chips. You can also replace them with chopped dark chocolate. Use the same measurements as noted in the recipe.
What's the Best Size Cookie Scoop to Use?
For a larger almond butter chocolate chip pecan cookie, like the ones I made here, I recommend using a 3 ½ tablespoon-size cookie scoop. The cookie scoop I used is size #16 from Solula. This will give you roughly a 4 - 4 ½ inch diameter cookie.
For a smaller cookie, use a 1 ½ tablespoon, medium size cookie scoop. You should also reduce your baking time as well.
More Chocolate Chip Recipes!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Chips
- Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pie
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and rate this recipe. Don't forget to share photos of your dessert creations on Instagram as well by tagging @Beyond.the.Butter and using the hashtag #beyondthebutter.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Pecan CookiesAuthor:
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Creamy Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅛ cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Sea Salt Flakes, for sprinkling
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level mark (just above center) and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended. Set to the side.
- Using your hand held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the unsalted butter until soft and creamy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add in the almond butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar, and mix together until well blended.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, gradually adding in the whisked dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl we needed.
- With a spatula, fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 6 large size balls and place them onto the cookie sheet leaving at least 2 inches between them. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at 350ºF. The cookies should be soft in the middle with the edges being a light-medium golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Top with more chocolate chips and pecans, if desired.
- Using a large serving spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.