Grab your mini cupcake and muffin pans, ’cause these Fudgy Brownie Bites with Chocolate Mascarpone Whipped Cream are one of the easiest bite-size treats to make! Each bite is filled with fudgy chocolate and topped with a light and fluffy chocolate mascarpone whipped cream that can’t be beat! Adapted from my Double Chocolate Mint Brownies recipe, these brownie bites are perfect to take to any party, outdoor picnic, or book club night! And if you can eat just one, I’ll be impressed—they’re quite addictive!
what is mascarpone cheese?
Mascarpone cheese is the slightly sweet Italian cousin to the slightly acidic cream cheese we know here in the United States. Both mascarpone cheese and cream cheese are made from cow’s milk, but mascarpone has a higher fat content that gives you a milky rich, buttery taste that’s creamier in texture. Mascarpone is most commonly seen in the popular dessert, Tiramisu while American cream cheese is often used in cheesecakes and on top of bagels. You can swap out one for the other, but it’s best to check what ratios will work best for the recipe you’re making.
never miss a recipe!
Get recipes just like this delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for my FREE mailing list below!
suggested tips and recommended tools for making brownie bites
Below are a few suggested tips and recommended baking tools for making these fudgy brownie bites with chocolate mascarpone whipped cream.
- I didn’t use mini baking cups for this fudgy brownie bites recipe. Instead I generously sprayed each mini cupcake/muffin cavity with Baker’s Joy. If you’ve been following me for even just a short period of time here on Beyond the Butter, you know I swear by it!
- I swapped out the regular vegetable oil that I used in the Double Chocolate Mint Brownies recipe for some Carrington Farms Unflavored Cooking Oil.
- Brownies will continue to bake a little after you take them out of the oven, so it’s best to take them out when an inserted toothpick comes out with some brownie bits and crumbs still on it.
- After baking the brownie bites and letting them cool for abut 10 minutes in the cupcake and muffin pan, I then transferred them to this cooling rack.
- For the chocolate mascarpone whipped cream, both the heavy whipping cream and the mascarpone cheese are best left in the refrigerator to keep cold until ready to use.
- I like to use a mixing bowl and a whisk that’s been chilled in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes before I make the whipped cream. It’s especially good for when you’re making whipped cream on a hot day!
- Once you add in the mascarpone cheese to the rest of the whipped cream mixture, it doesn’t take long—maybe 1-2 minutes—before it forms stiff peaks.
recommended baking tools
- I used this Wilton 24-count Mini Cupcake and Muffin Pan which worked super well with the Baker’s Joy baking spray! Each brownie bite came right out with no issues whatsoever!
- Baker’s Joy baking spray
- Mini-baking Cups (no need to use baking spray if going this route)
- Cooling Rack
- Hand mixer or Stand Mixer
- Large Piping Bag
- I used the Wilton 6B piping tip to pipe on the chocolate mascarpone whipped cream, but you can use any one that you’d like!
- Store-bought Chocolate Curls (I used these a lot for cakes and cupcakes!)
find more beyond the butter chocolate recipes below!
- Baked Chocolate Pistachio Donuts
- Chocolate Marshmallow Tart
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
- Simple and Delicious Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting
Take a look through My Recipe Box to see all of my chocolate recipes and more!Print
Grab your mini cupcake and muffin pans, ’cause these Fudgy Brownie Bites with Chocolate Mascarpone Whipped Cream are one of the EASIEST bite-size treats to make! Each delicious bite is filled with fudgy chocolate and topped with a light and fluffy chocolate mascarpone whipped cream that simply can’t be beat!
fudgy brownie bites
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil (or you can use Canola or Coconut)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, whisked slightly
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz. Dark Chocolate, melted
chocolate mascarpone whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, cold
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese, cold (can found in the deli area with the fancy cheeses)
recommended baking tools
fudgy brownie bites
- Generously spray each cavity of a 24-count mini cupcake and muffin pan with a flour-based baking spray. Set aside. Tip: If you’re using mini baking cups, you can skip this baking spray step.
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level position, preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Place the dark chocolate into a small, microwaveable glass bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds increments on medium power, stirring each time, until its fully melted. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, oil, and sugar together on medium speed until well blended.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and melted dark chocolate, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Switching the mixer speed to low, add in your dry ingredients a little at a time until it’s blended with the wet mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp. cookie scoop, place one scoop of the brownie batter into each cupcake/muffin cavity. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 325ºF. Baking Tip: Insert a toothpick to make sure your brownie bites are done. If they still have crumbs on the toothpick, remove them from the oven. Your brownies will continue to bake even as they cool. If they still have brownie batter on the toothpick, keep them in, but monitor them every minute.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes. Remove them from the cupcake pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before piping on the Chocolate Mascarpone Whipped Cream.
chocolate mascarpone whipped cream
- Optional Step – chill the mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before using them to make the chocolate mascarpone whipped cream.
- Using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the heavy whipping cream, confectioners sugar, cocoa, and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until soft peaks form (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the mascarpone cheese and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form (approx. 1-2 minutes).
- Fill a large piping bag, that’s been fitted with a piping tip of your choice, with the chocolate mascarpone whipped cream. Pipe on to the tops of each brownie bites, then top with the chocolate curls. Tip: If piping isn’t your thing, you can use an angled spatula and apply the whipped cream this way.
See my Suggested Tips and Recommended Baking Tools for making these brownie bites and chocolate mascarpone whipped cream above in the blog post.
Keywords: fudgy brownie bites, chocolate mascarpone, chocolate mascarpone whipped cream, whipped cream, brownies, brownie bites, easy desserts, chocolate, mascarpone cheese
Brownie Bite Making Tools
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Policies page.
Beyond the Butter, LLC owns the copyright on all images and written content within this blog post. If you would like to republish a Beyond the Butter recipe, please feel free to do so by using 1 photo and a link back to the recipe. If you would like to republish the recipe on your site, please link back to the original recipe at the top of the post, use your own photos, and rewrite the full recipe in your own words to make it your own.