Sweet mother of everything chocolate, I LOOOVE these hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies! They're rich, chocolaty and have these bits of melted chocolate and ooey-gooey mini marshmallows on top. I mean, come on friends, seriously...with a description like this, do I even need to give any other kind of reason to try these? I think not.
grab the milk
These hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies are probably the chocolatiest cookies ever and, to me, they taste very similar to my fudgy chocolate brownies! I used Ghirardelli's dark chocolate squares for the topping, but you can definitely give other kinds of chocolate a try...ooh, like maybe a mint chocolate!
If you're looking to change up what you usually bring to your book club night or cookie bake-off contest at work, you should definitely give these a try!
straight up chillin'
While this hot chocolate marshmallow cookie recipe is fairly quick and easy to make, you will need to chill the dough for at least an hour because it's almost like a thick cake batter beforehand. Chilling the dough will help make things easier with rolling them into their ball shape, plus it will give them that nice chewy, fudgy-like center.
if you love these hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies, you should check these out!
- oatmeal chocolate chip salted caramel cookies
- pumpkin cinnamon cookies
- double chocolate salted caramel cookies
- classic peanut butter blossoms
Hot Chocolate and Mini Marshmallow, I'd like for you to meet Cookie. The three of you are going to get along really well As the weather gets cooler you will definitely want to make these Hot Chocolate Mini Marshmallow Cookies! They're super rich and chocolatey, topped with melted bits of chocolate and mini marshmallows!
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 12 oz. (1 bag) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate, diced or broken into small pieces
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- Adjust oven rack to 2nd level position and pre-heat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low- to medium-low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed, beat the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Adjust the mixer speed to low and add the dry mixture a little at a time until fully combined.
- Keeping the mixer speed on low, add in the melted chocolate and butter and mix until combined. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to scoop or roll into balls (minimum 1 hour). If refrigerating overnight, please allow cookie dough to sit at room temp for 15-30 minutes before scooping.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Add a few pieces of broken/chopped pieces of chocolate and 3-4 mini marshmallows. Put back into the oven and bake for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough, chocolate pieces, and mini marshmallows.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.
Keywords: hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies, hot chocolate cookies, hot chocolate cookies pinterest, chocolate cookies, cookies, cookies for fall, cookie recipes for fall, chocolate cookie recipes, hot chocolate cookies with mini marshmallows, marshmallows