Mini Strawberry Nutella Tarts combine a creamy chocolate, Nutella ganache filling, freshly sliced strawberries, and buttery graham cracker crusts. They are decadent-tasting little treats that are so simple to make and perfectly sized to satisfy any sweet tooth!
These Mini Strawberry Nutella Tarts Are:
- easy to make
- absolutely delicious
- topped with freshly, sliced strawberries
- almost no bake—the crusts bake for 10 minutes
- approximately 4 inches in diameter and make 6 total
- perfect for an after dinner treat
- not overly sweet or a heavy dessert
If you love a simple, no-fuss dessert recipe that's not overly sweet or heavy then this is perfect to try!
Behind the Recipe
A favorite snack of mine to have every so often are graham crackers with a little Nutella spread over the top along with some sliced strawberries. It's so good and I love the trio of flavors together!
So when brainstorming dessert ideas to share a while back I thought, I should turn that into a dessert recipe!
And so, I did.
I tested this recipe originally in a rectangular tart pan, but ultimately decided I loved them much more as mini tarts. They're just the right amount of a dessert I like to have and they're not overly sweet either.
They also fit perfectly into the newest section of my recipe box—small batch recipes!
How to Make Easy Strawberry Nutella Tarts
Below is a quick walk-thru of how to make these little decadent strawberry nutella tarts!
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
You'll need approximately 10 graham crackers, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 5 tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter.
Use a mini food processor or food chopper (like this Ninja I have) to turn the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add in the granulated sugar and melted butter, then pulse until it's all mixed together.
The graham cracker crust should be the consistency of a wet sand and easily pressed into the mini tart pans. Bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF, then let cool.
Make the Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache Filling
To make the chocolate nutella ganache filling you'll need ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, 2 ounces of dark chocolate, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, and 1 cup of Nutella or hazelnut spread.
Place the chocolate and butter into a mixing bowl. Heat the heavy cream in the microwave, then pour it over the chocolate and butter. Cover it with some aluminum foil and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
Whisk it slowly together then add in the hazelnut spread. It will be thick at first, but keeping whisking until it becomes nice and smooth. Evenly spoon the ganache filling into each mini tart pan. Place in the refrigerator while you rinse off, pat dry, and slice the strawberries.
Add the Sliced Strawberries
The amount of strawberries you'll need will vary based on what you can find in stores or at your local farmers market. I used about 6-8 strawberries total for the tops of the mini tarts.
To make this same flower pattern, I placed 3-4 larger sliced strawberries towards the outer part of the tart, then 2-3 smaller slices. And in the center bud, I used the bottom of the strawberry.
I let the tarts chill in the refrigerator for abut 15 minutes while I cleaned and sliced the strawberries. Once decorated, I put the tarts back into the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours. If you're not planning to serve these until the next day, leaving them in the refrigerator overnight is just fine.
Baking Tools Used
You can give your hand mixer and stand mixer a break for this mini strawberry tarts recipe because you'll only need the following baking tools:
- 6 mini tart tins with removable bottoms. I got these mini tart tins off of Amazon and I like them a lot!
- Food chopper. Comes in really handy when making the graham cracker crust.
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheet. This is helpful when transporting the tarts to and from the oven. It's also good to bake the tarts on the baking sheet too.
Mini Strawberry Nutella Tarts Recipe Notes
- If you don't have a food processor or food chopper for the graham cracker crust, you can place the graham crackers into a sealed ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- To make these mini strawberry nutella tarts no bake, freeze the graham cracker crusts for 30 minutes to an hour.
- You can make the graham cracker crusts ahead of time. Simply keep them stored in the refrigerator uncovered until they're ready to use!
- Instead of using the microwave, you can also use a medium-size sauce pan to heat the heavy whipping cream. Bring it to a near boil then remove and immediately pour over the dark chocolate and unsalted butter.
More Summer Desserts to Try from Beyond the Butter!
Mini Strawberry Nutella TartsAuthor:
graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs, approx 10 graham cracker squares
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
chocolate nutella filling
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6-8 Fresh Strawberries, sliced
graham cracker crust
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level mark (just above center) and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Using a food processor, process the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add in the granulated sugar and melted butter and pulse until the cookie crust mixture forms. It should be the consistency of thick, mushy sand that can easily be shaped into the 6 mini tart tins.
- Press the graham cracker crust mixture into the bottom and sides of each mini tart tin. Smooth and even out the cookie crust using a rubber spatula or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Place all 6 tart tins on a baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
chocolate nutella filling
- Break apart the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium-size microwaveable bowl. Add in the tablespoon of unsalted butter, but don’t stir together just yet!
- In a microwaveable bowl or measuring glass, heat the heavy whipping cream for 1 minute at full power. Immediately pour over top of the dark chocolate pieces and unsalted butter.
- Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil and let sit for 2-3 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the foil and slowly whisk the mixture together with a spatula until it’s nice and smooth. If you need to reheat the mixture to allow all the butter and chocolate to melt, you can do so in the microwave for 15-30 seconds at 50% power.
- Add the nutella to the mixture and slowly whisk together until it's well blended and smooth. It will be thick at first, but it will come together as you whisk it.
assembling the mini tarts
- Evenly spoon the nutella filling into each tart, then place into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to chill while you rinse off and slice the strawberries.
- Top each tart with the sliced strawberries then place back into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight before serving.