These easy-to-make Candy Cane Hearts make a super cute cake garnish or a fun standalone treat to share over the holidays!
Let's Make These Easy Candy Cane Hearts!
Below is a brief overview of how to make these fun holiday candy cane hearts. For the full tutorial, see the recipe card below.
- Form the candy cane hearts. Your oven rack should be moved to the middle of your oven. Heat them for 5 minutes at 225ºF, then gently press them together at both ends. Let them cool completely before adding the melted chocolate.
- Fill in the hearts, then top with sprinkles. You can melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave, then carefully spoon the chocolate into each candy cane heart. Top with your favorite holiday theme sprinkles.
- Cool to set. You can place the baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator to let the chocolate set. Once set, you can either store them in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator with a layer of wax paper in between them or place them into candy bags.
My favorite mini candy canes are from Brach, but I recommend that whichever ones you go with, find ones that are loosely wrapped instead of the tightly wrapped style.
You can place them back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Press them together again at the ends and let them cool. Try to avoid moving them during this time.
For this recipe, you can use either, but note that the candy canes may stick a little to the parchment paper once they have cooled.
More Chocolatey Treats to Enjoy!
Candy Cane HeartsAuthor:
- 18 Mini Peppermint Candy Canes (unwrapped)
- ¾ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Holiday Theme Sprinkles
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position. Preheat your oven to 225ºF. Line 1-2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. If using parchment paper, note that the candy cane hearts may stick a little when removing after they have cooled.
- Unwrap the mini candy canes from their wrappers, placing two together to form a heart. Repeat until you've made the amount you need. Heat the candy canes in the oven for 5 minutes.18 Mini Peppermint Candy Canes
- Remove them from the oven and gently, and without burning your fingers, press the candy canes together at both ends to form the candy cane hearts. Let them cool completely before adding the melted chocolate. They'll cool within just a few minutes.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil together on high for 1 minute, then again for 30 seconds, stirring each time until fully melted and smooth.¾ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Using a spoon, fill in each heart with the melted chocolate. After filling each heart, gently shake the baking sheet side to side to level the chocolate. Top each one with some holiday-themed sprinkles. Cool them in the refrigerator or freezer to set.Holiday Theme Sprinkles
- Once set, you can either store them in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator with a layer of wax paper in between them or place them into candy bags. They also make an excellent cake garnish, as I did with my Single Layer Peppermint Chocolate Cake!
Nutritonal information provided above is an estimate only and will vary based on specific ingredients used.