If you’re looking for a super easy and delicious cookie recipe to make, give these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies a try! They’re an elevated version of the classic peanut butter cookie recipe which was from my late Grammy. These chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and oh-so-peanut buttery, topped with a little bit of melted chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. My husband, who is my official taste tester, said more than once how good they tasted. Even his co-workers who had some gave them 11 out of 10 stars! Now, I don’t know about you, but that’s a very good sign you should make them!
tips for making chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies
- For this chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe, I used Nordic Ware’s Geo Cast Stamps. They were easy to use, so long as you dip them in some flour before stamping the cookies out. To use these, I took a 1″ size ball of peanut butter cookie dough and then with one of the cookie stamps, I placed it over top of the ball of dough, and then pressed down. A few of them would stick, but you can carefully peel them off. And if that doesn’t work, do what I did and just roll the dough up into a ball again and give it another try!
- If you don’t have these cookie stamps, you can always use a fork like you would use in the classic peanut butter cookie recipe. Dip the fork in some cold water before making the classic criss-cross or X pattern over top of the peanut butter cookie dough, so it doesn’t stick to the dough.
- The recommended time to bake these cookies is 8-10 minute at 375ºF. For my oven, I baked them for 9 minutes before taking them out. Your baking time may be slightly different from mine, so for the first batch pay attention to the time it takes for the cookies to get to a light golden brown color.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before you transfer them to the cooling rack.
- You can keep these stored in an airtight container for up to a week at room temp. I guarantee you though, they’ll be gone before then!
If you’re looking for a really easy and delicious cookie recipe to make, give these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies a try! They’re super soft, chewy, and oh-so-peanut buttery, topped with a little bit of chocolate and sprinkled with some chopped peanuts. The cookie stamps I used are Nordic Ware’s Geo Cast Cookie Stamps.
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, creamy
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 tsp. Shortening (for melting with the chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Salted Peanuts, chopped
additional items needed
- Nordic Ware Geo Cast Cookie Stamps (optional)
- Fork (if you’re not using the cookie stamps)
- Adjust oven rack to the 2nd level position and pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand-held mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, and vanilla extract on medium- to medium-high speed until well blended. Add in the egg.
- Set the mixer speed to low and add in the dry mixture a little at a time until completely blended.
- Roll the peanut butter cookie dough into 1″ balls, then take one of the cookie stamps (that’s been dipped in flour) and place it over top of the ball of cookie dough and press down. Lift up and repeat with the remainder of the cookie dough balls. It’s helpful to keep dipping the cookie stamps into the flour after pressing a few cookies. Space the cookies approx. 2″ apart on the cookie sheet.
- Alternative Step – If you’re not using the cookie stamps, you will still roll the peanut butter cookie dough into 1″ balls, then with your fork (that’s been dipped in cold water), make the criss cross or X pattern over top of the cookie dough ball, pressing down slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 at 375ºF. Let cool on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- If dipping them into the melted chocolate, take a small microwaveable glass bowl and heat the chocolate chips and 1 tsp of shortening in 30 second increments at medium power until completely melted. Dip a small portion of the cookie into the chocolate and then sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Keywords: chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies, classic peanut butter cookie recipe, classic peanut butter cookies, easy cookie recipes, nordic ware stamps, geo cast nordic ware cookie stamps, peanut butter, cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Tools
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Policies page.
Beyond the Butter, LLC owns the copyright on all images and written content within this blog post. If you would like to republish a Beyond the Butter recipe, please feel free to do so by using 1 photo and a link back to the recipe. If you would like to republish the recipe on your site, please link back to the original recipe at the top of the post, use your own photos, and rewrite the full recipe in your own words to make it your own.