The cooler temps have arrived and we are now full on into all the fall desserts, like this One Bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe! It's a super easy recipe to make that gives you two incredibly moist and delicious loaves of bread that's easy to make and filled with chocolate chips, and all the fall flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in each bite! Keep one loaf for yourself and give the other one to a friend, coworker, or neighbor!
one bowl chocolate chip pumpkin bread
This moist chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe comes together easily in just one large mixing bowl using all of the ingredients noted below. After mixing everything together, divide the mixture evenly into two prepared loaf tins, and bake for 60-75 minutes.
chocolate chip pumpkin bread ingredients
- Granulated Sugar
- Large-size Eggs
- Canned Pumpkin Puree - do not use pumpkin pie filling as it's not the same thing!
- Vegetable Oil
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cloves
- Chocolate Chips - you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
quick tips for making the best homemade chocolate chip pumpkin bread
I've included some suggested tips below to help make your chocolate chip pumpkin bread making experience go smoothly!
- For this pumpkin bread recipe, I used my 2 Jamie Oliver non-stick loaf tins. They're nicely made and wash well after baking!
- If you don't have a flour-based baking spray, you can choose to grease them with shortening and a little bit of flour.
- Secondly, you can add a parchment paper sling to fit each loaf tin. This helps with removing them from the tins for cooling. Just make sure to lightly spray or grease the parchment paper once it's placed so it doesn't stick to the bread. To keep them from moving too much, I fold and crease the parchment paper over the edges.
- I divide the pumpkin bread into the two loaf tins using my OXO food scale, this way it gives me the same size loaves. In addition, it goes up to 11 pounds, has a pull out display, and it also has a zero function in between weighing your ingredients. It was a gift from my mother-in-law and I use it all the time!
- With any leftover pumpkin puree you have, I suggest keeping it in a tightly stored container in your fridge. It will keep for 3-5 days.
- The recommended baking time for this chocolate zucchini bread recipe is 60-75 minutes at 350ºF. I initially checked my loaves at the 60 minute mark and ended up leaving them in for an additional 10 minutes.
- With my one bowl chocolate zucchini bread recipe, a few of my readers told me they have made them into mini loaves which, to me, is just genius!
recommended chocolate chip pumpkin bread baking tools
love dessert recipes loaded with chocolate chips? give these a try!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Chip Buttercream Frosting
- One Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread - a very popular Beyond the Butter recipe!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Chips
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin BreadAuthor:
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 12 ounces Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level mark and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Generously spray 2 bread loaf tins with a flour-based baking spray - or grease with shortening and lightly flour. Set aside.
- In a large-size bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and unsweetened applesauce until well combined.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- With a spoon or spatula, stir in the 8 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the bread mixture into the two prepared loaf tins, top with the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate chips, then bake for 60-75 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread loaves in the pans for approximately 5-10 minutes before removing them from the tins and transferring them to cooling racks to cool completely.