One Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread—a classic that's been a favorite of mine for a long time and now I'm excited to share it with you! This easy chocolate zucchini bread recipe gives you not one—but two—absolutely delicious, moist chocolatey loaves of bread that's filled with chocolate chips in every bite! Keep one for yourself and give the other one to a friend, coworker, or neighbor!
One Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This moist chocolate zucchini bread recipe comes together easily in just one large mixing bowl using all of the ingredients noted below. After mixing everything together, you'll evenly divide the mixture into two prepared loaf tins, and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients
- Granulated Sugar
- Large-size Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
Quick Tips and Recommended Baking Tools
To help make your chocolate zucchini bread making experience go smoothly, I've included some suggested tips and recommended baking tools below!
- For this zucchini bread recipe, I used my two Jamie Oliver non-stick loaf tins. Besides the pretty light blue color, they're well made and wash well after baking!
- You can choose to either spray your loaf tins with a flour-based baking spray or grease them with shortening and a little bit of flour.
- In addition to the previous tip, if you don't want to mess with trying to remove the bread from the tins after it's baked, you can also add a parchment paper sling that's been cut to fit each loaf tin. Just make sure to lightly spray or grease the parchment paper once placed so it doesn't stick to the bread. You can fold the parchment paper over the edges (like I do) or you can use binder clips to hold the paper down.
- With grating the zucchini, you can choose to leave the peel on or off. Some people leave it on, while others remove it. For me personally, I removed it for this recipe. If your zucchini has a wax coating on it, I would recommend peeling it off.
- I know some people say to remove the excess liquid after grating the zucchini, but for this recipe I didn't and it came out beautifully! If you prefer to remove the excess liquid you can, but note that your bread may not come out as moist.
- The recommended baking time for this chocolate zucchini bread recipe is 50 minutes - 1 hour at 350ºF. I initially checked my loaves at the 55 minute mark and ended up leaving them in for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Recommended cooling time in the tins is 5-10 minutes. I always go for 10 minutes personally, and then remove them from the tins to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recommended Baking Tools
Can I Freeze Grated Zucchini?
Yes! Zucchini can be difficult to find when not in season, so freezing any extra you have now is a great idea!
How to Freeze Grated Zucchini Without Blanching
Please note that these instructions are only for freezing grated zucchini that will be used in baking recipes.
- Begin by rinsing off the zucchini with water. Then dry and cut the ends off.
- Using a medium grater or a food processor, grate the zucchini into a bowl.
- Fill each quart size freezer bag with 2 cups of the grated zucchini (including the liquid)— the typical amount for zucchini bread, cakes, and muffin recipes.
- Then label, date, and then freeze flat in freezer for up to 1 year.
- When you're ready to use for baking, defrost the bag, then add to the recipe!
One Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread—a classic that's been a favorite of mine for a long time and now I am sharing it with you! This easy chocolate zucchini bread recipe makes two moist and delicious, chocolatey loaves of bread that's chock full of chocolate chips in each bite! Keep one for yourself and give the other one to a friend or new neighbor!
- 2 cups (396g) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (225 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups (426g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cups (50g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 cups (400g, approximately 3 medium zucchinis) Grated Zucchini (do not drain excess liquid)
- 1, 12 ounce Bag of Semi-Sweet (or Milk) Chocolate Chips, divided (8 ounces or 227 grams for the bread mixture, remaining 4 ounces or 113 grams for topping)
- Adjust the oven rack to the 2nd level position and pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Generously spray 2 bread loaf tins with a flour-based baking spray or grease with vegetable shortening and lightly flour. Set aside. See my Quick Tips and Recommended Baking Tools above for adding a parchment paper sling to help remove the bread loaves after baking.
- In a large-size bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and mix until combined.
- With a spoon, stir in the grated zucchini and 8 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter into the two prepared loaf tins, top with remaining 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the chocolate zucchini bread loaves in the pans for approximately 5-10 minutes before removing them from the tins, and transferring them to the cooling racks to cool completely.
Keywords: chocolate zucchini bread, one bowl chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini bread, bread, own bowl dessert recipes, bread recipes, chocolate, zucchini, chocolate zucchini
craving more recipes with chocolate chips?
- Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Chip Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Chip and Pecan Pie