If you’ve been “voluntold” by a parent or relative that you need to bring a dessert to your family Thanksgiving gathering or maybe you need to bring a treat to your next holiday work party—you need to give this perfect pumpkin pie a try! Seriously, it comes together easily and if you use a store-bought pie crust it will be even easier!
how to make the perfect pumpkin pie
This perfect pumpkin pie recipe is a one bowl creation that comes together fast. You simply whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Pour it into that unbaked store-bought pie crust and bake it at 425ºF for 15 minutes, then at 350ºF for 40-50 minutes. Let it cool and set for about 2-3 hours, then serve! After it’s cooled, you can place it in the refrigerator to set. I’ve made this a few times now and it has yet to crack on me, but if it does, don’t worry, it will still taste good!
how to tell if your pumpkin pie is done
The recommended baking times as I said above is 40-50 minutes. I would lean towards the earlier side because the eggs within the pumpkin pie will continue to bake once you remove it from the oven. A good sign that your perfect pumpkin pie is done is to check the jiggle. If it still jiggles a little in the center of the pie, you’re good.
check out these other Beyond the Butter pie recipes!
- chocolate chip and pecan pie
- easy homemade apple pie
- easy chocolate pecan pie
- no-bake chocolate cream pie with chocolate wafer crust
- homemade cherry pie
If you’re looking for a last minute dessert to make for that holiday party, try this Perfect Pumpkin Pie! It’s super easy to make and tastes delicious! Use a store-bought pie crust to make it even easier!
- 1, 9″ Unbaked Pie Crust Shell, homemade or store-bought
- 1 Can of Pumpkin Puree (15 oz.)
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk (12 oz.)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 large egg, whisked for egg wash
- Adjust oven rack to 2nd level position, place a jelly roll pan or baking sheet on the rack, and pre-heat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare pie crust, crimp edges in the style of your choosing, and place into pie plate. Set in the refrigerator or freezer to chill while you make the pumpkin pie filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together thoroughly the canned pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until combined.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush on the egg wash on to the crimped pie crust edges. You shouldn’t use the entire egg wash.
- Pour pie mixture into the chilled pie plate and place on top of the jelly roll pan or baking sheet within the oven. Bake for 425ºF for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake for another 40-50 minutes. At this time, you can choose to add a silicone pie crust shield or strips of aluminum foil (or a sheet of aluminum foil with a hole cut out) to avoid over baking the crust.
- Your pumpkin pie will be ready to remove from the oven when there is still some jiggle in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow pie to cool and set on wire racks for at least 2-3 hours before serving. After the pie cools, you could alternatively place the pie (uncovered) in the refrigerator to set.
Keywords: pumpkin pie, perfect pumpkin pie, easy pumpkin pie, pumpkin, pumpkin puree, store-bought crust, pie crust, fall desserts, thanksgiving, holiday desserts, easy desserts, thanksgiving desserts