Grab the ice cream, whipped cream, the maraschino cherries, and some spoons because this hot fudge pudding cake is LEGIT GOOD. It’s ooey gooey, chocolatey, and super easy to make!
how to make gooey hot fudge pudding cake
I’m a big fan of dessert recipes that can come together quickly and this super easy hot fudge pudding cake is definitely one of them! In about 1 hour and 15 minutes you can have yourself (and others if you care to share) an ooey gooey, chocolatey hot fudge pudding cake! Add on the ice cream flavor of your choice, some whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry and you got yourself a rich, chocolatey, and fudgey treat!
To make this super easy hot fudge pudding cake recipe, you’ll need an 8″ x 8″ cake pan. If you don’t have one, I recommend this one from USA Pans which is the one I have and use with this recipe.
The first step is to prep the cake batter which will go in first. Next, in a separate bowl, you’ll prepare the dry cake topping which will get sprinkled all over the top of the batter. Use all of it too! The last step, is to pour the boiling water over the top. Do not stir it or mix it in with the rest of the cake. Just leave it sit on top and let it do its thing as it bakes.
Which leads me to the very last part…you’ll bake this for 40 minutes at 350ºF, 2nd level rack position in your oven. Once done, remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes. Then remove and go crazy with the toppings!
That’s it! Now go make it and enjoy!
give these other chocolate crowd pleasing desserts a try!
- hot chocolate mini marshmallow cookies
- simple and delicious black bottom cupcakes
- homemade peppermint patties
- super soft chocolate cut-out sugar cookies
- chocolate zucchini cake with chocolate chips
Grab the ice cream, whipped cream, the maraschino cherries, and some spoons because this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is LEGIT good! It’s ooey gooey, chocolatey and soooo so easy to make!
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (3/4 cup for bottom layer, 1/2 cup sugar for middle layer)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 7 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa (3 tbsp. for bottom layer, 4 tbsp. for middle layer)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 8” x 8″ Square Pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease square pan and set aside.
- For the bottom layer: Using your hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tbsp. cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add in milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract and beat until blended and smooth. Spoon the bottom layer into the lightly greased 8″ x 8″ square pan, spreading it out so it covers the entire bottom.
- For the middle layer: In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 4 tbsp. of cocoa. Sprinkle the entire dry mixture evenly over the bottom layer.
- For the top layer: Using a heat proof glass measuring cup, microwave the water for 3 minutes or until the water is boiling. Pour the hot water over top of the middle and bottom layers, but DO NOT STIR.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350ºF. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes before spooning into bowls or glasses. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry (if desired).
Keywords: hot fudge pudding cake, super easy hot fudge pudding cake, pudding cake, hot fudge, cake, easy desserts, hot fudge sundae
replica surfaces partner
All the Cake Baking Essentials
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Policies page.
Beyond the Butter, LLC owns the copyright on all images and written content within this blog post. If you would like to republish a Beyond the Butter recipe, please feel free to do so by using 1 photo and a link back to the recipe. If you would like to republish the recipe on your site, please link back to the original recipe at the top of the post, use your own photos, and rewrite the full recipe in your own words to make it your own.