Grab the ice cream, whipped cream, the maraschino cherries, and some spoons because this hot fudge pudding cake is LEGIT GOOD. It's ooey gooey, chocolatey, and super easy to make!
Let's Talk About the Recipe!
- It's ridiculously easy to make!
- No eggs are needed!
- It will be ready in 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- You can make this in an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Enjoy it as-is or top with whipped cream, ice cream, and a maraschino cherry!
I'm a big fan of dessert recipes that can come together quickly and this super easy hot fudge pudding cake is definitely one of them! Enjoy!
How to Make Hot Fudge Chocolate Pudding Cake
To make this super easy hot fudge pudding cake recipe, you'll need an 8 inch square cake pan. If you don't have one, I recommend this one from USA Pans which is the one I have and used with this recipe.
Prepare the bottom layer. First you mix together ¾ cup of the granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons of the unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Then you'll add in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
I recommend using your hand mixer or stand mixer for this part.
Then it gets added to the 8 inch square baking pan. Make sure it covers the entire bottom.
Mix the dry ingredients. This is for the top layer that gets sprinkled over the top of the cake batter that was just added. This includes the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Add the boiling water. This gets poured over the top of both layers. DO NOT STIR. I repeat, DO NOT STIR.
Bake the cake. Bake the hot fudge chocolate pudding cake for 38-40 minutes at 350ºF. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes before diving in!
That's it! Now go make it and enjoy!
More Easy Chocolate Desserts!
- Hot Chocolate Mini Marshmallow Cookies
- Simple and Delicious Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Single Layer Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Chips
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
Hot Fudge Pudding CakeAuthor:
- 1 ¼ cup Granulated Sugar, divided (¾ cup for bottom, ½ cup sugar for top)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 7 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder, divided (3 tablespoons for bottom, 4 tablespoons for top)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 ¼ cup Boiling Water
- Adjust your oven rack to the 2nd level position (just above center), then preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking square pan and set to the side.
- Using your hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the ¾ cup granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt on medium speed until well blended.
- Add in the milk, melted unsalted butter, and vanilla extract, beating until just combined and smooth. Spoon the mixture into the prepared 8 inch square baking pan, spreading it out so it covers the entire bottom.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. Sprinkle the entire dry mixture evenly over the bottom layer.
- Using a heat proof glass measuring cup or bowl, microwave the water for 3 minutes or until the water is boiling. Pour the hot boiling water over top of the two layers, but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes at 350ºF. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes before spooning into bowls or glasses. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry, if desired.