These Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches combine my super soft chocolate chip cookies with the best homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream! It's an easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing summer dessert!
This homemade ice cream cookie sandwich recipe combines two of my favorite treats—chocolate chip cookies and ice cream!
When paired together they really make an incredibly delicious treat! If you want to mix things up though, check out my Dulce de Leche Ice Cream along with my Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies or my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Both the chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate ice cream are very easy to make!
- My super soft chocolate chip cookies don't require any dough chilling before baking.
- The homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream recipe is super rich and chocolatey and doesn't require an ice cream maker!
- A fun dessert to make for or with the family for an after-dinner summer treat.
- Both the cookies and the ice cream can be made in advance and then assembled later!
How to Make the Recipe
STEP 1. Make the chocolate chip cookies. You can use my Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I've also noted some other cookie recipes below that you can use instead, if you so desire.
You can make these cookies ahead of time and keep them stored in an airtight container until it's time to add the ice cream, which will take some time to set.
STEP 2. Make the no-churn chocolate ice cream. Start by melting the chocolate using a double boiler, then set it aside to cool. You can also use a microwave.
STEP 3. Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. You can use your handheld or stand mixer.
STEP 4. Add in the cold, sweetened condensed milk. Then whisk again until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Add in the vanilla extract and cooled melted chocolate, mixing until well blended.
STEP 5. Transfer the chocolate ice cream to an airtight ice cream container. You can also use a metal loaf or cake pan lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze for at least six hours or overnight before scooping the homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream onto the chocolate chip cookies.
Ice Cream Sandwich Assembly
After the ice cream is firm, it's time to assemble the homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches. Place one scoop (about ¼ cup) onto the flat side of the cookie, then top it off with the second cookie that is similar in size.
You can add chocolate jimmies, crushed Oreos, or finely chopped pretzels to the top or sides of the ice cream chocolate chip cookie sandwiches as well.
Freezing / Storage
To store the ice cream sandwiches, I recommend wrapping them tightly in some wax paper and placing them in the freezer for up to a week.
Optional Cookies to Pair with Ice Cream Sandwiches
You can't go wrong with any cookie when making homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches. Here are my top 5 best Beyond the Butter® cookies that will pair well with this recipe!
Helpful Ice Cream-Making Tools
Enjoy These No-Bake Desserts!
If you tried this Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know what you thought in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cookie SandwichesAuthor:
homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream (cold)
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (cold)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup 4 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (melted)
super soft chocolate chip cookies
homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream
- Using a double-boiler (fill the bottom boiler with about 1"-1.5" water) over low heat, melt the chocolate. Set aside and allow to cool. Alternatively, you can also melt your chocolate in the microwave in a heat-proof bowl in 30 second increments at 50% power. Depending on the type of chocolate you use, this can take anywhere from 2-4 times.⅔ cup 4 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- Using your hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the cold sweetened condensed milk.14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Switch the mixer speed back to a medium-high speed, continuing to whisk until it is thick and forms stiff peaks. Once done, then add in the vanilla extract.1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add in the cooled melted chocolate to the ice cream and whisk on medium speed until it is completely blended.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container or metal loaf or cake pan lined with either wax paper or parchment paper, and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before scooping onto the chocolate chip cookies.
assembling the ice cream sandwiches
- Place one scoop (or more if you wish) of frozen ice cream (about ¼ cup) onto the backside/flatside of the chocolate chip cookie.
- Take the second cookie of similar size and push down gently onto the bottom part of the sandwich.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper and store in freezer for up to a week.
Nutritonal information provided above is an estimate only and will vary based on specific ingredients used.