This No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Pie combines the delicious combo of strawberries and chocolate into one very easy-to-make dessert! It combines a ready made chocolate nut crust, a layer of chocolate ganache, and the creamiest strawberry pie filling. With very few ingredients needed, this super simple, luscious recipe is a must try!
Thank you to Diamond of California®, Eagle Brand®, and Lucky Leaf® for partnering together on this no bake strawberry chocolate pie recipe! All opinions in this blog post are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help make Beyond the Butter® possible!
Table of Contents
8 Reasons to Love this No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Pie Recipe
- It's a no bake dessert!
- Tastes like chocolate covered strawberries, but in pie form. Yum!
- You can skip making the crust and use this buttery, chocolate nut pie crust from Diamond of California® instead!
- A creamy, strawberry pie filling that's perfectly sweetened using Lucky Leaf® strawberry pie filling, Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk, along with cream cheese, lemon juice, unflavored gelatin, and vanilla extract.
- A rich, semi-sweet chocolate ganache layered between the chocolate nut crust and the creamy strawberry pie filling!
- Prep time is less than 20 minutes.
- Easy to garnish with whipped cream, strawberry pie filling, and chocolate curls.
- Perfect for when you just want a really good, simple dessert!
What Ingredients Are Needed
To make this super easy, no bake strawberry chocolate pie, you'll need the following ingredients!
For the pie crust:
- Diamond of California® Chocolate Nut Crust. Made with walnuts, pecans, and real cocoa, this pie crust is now one of my favorites! It's buttery, doesn't crumble easily like other ready made pie crusts, and compliments the strawberry pie filling wonderfully!
For the chocolate ganache layer:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Good quality chocolate is recommended here!
- Heavy Whipping Cream. Only a little is needed to give this ganache its creamy texture.
- Vanilla Extract. The perfect flavor to help round out the others! Pure vanilla extract is best.
For the strawberry pie filling:
- Unflavored Gelatin Powder + Water. You'll need one packet of the unflavored gelatin for this recipe along with 2 tablespoons of cold water and 2 tablespoons of hot, boiling water. This will help thicken and set your strawberry pie filling.
- Cream Cheese. Only 1, 8 ounce block is needed, but make sure it is full fat and now low fat cream cheese.
- Lucky Leaf® Strawberry Pie Filling. One of the star ingredients to this recipe! It's made using 30% more fruit than other fruit pie fillings and does not contain any high fructose corn syrup. You'll use ⅔ cup of this for the pie filling, with the remaining amount used for topping!
- Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk. No artificial ingredients and helps to give this strawberry pie filling just the right amount of creaminess and sweetness too!
- Lemon Juice. Helps to thicken this super easy no bake strawberry chocolate pie!
- Vanilla Extract. Same as above!
And for the garnish:
- Strawberry Pie Filling. You will use the remaining amount of what's left from what you used above in the strawberry pie filling mixture!
- Whipped Cream. Or you can used a thawed container of whipped topping!
- Chocolate Curls. Can be store bought or you can learn how to make them in my easy chocolate curls tutorial!
Pie Filling. You can easily sub out the Lucky Leaf® strawberry pie filling for their cherry pie filling—or whatever flavor pie filling you fancy!
Chocolate Chips. You can swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate or you can use a good quality bar of chocolate.
If using a bar of chocolate, break it up into small pieces before adding the hot heavy whipping cream.
You can also eliminate the chocolate ganache layer entirely from this recipe!
Pie Crusts. Another easy swap for this no bake strawberry chocolate pie recipe—the pie crust! You can also try this recipe using Diamond of California® Pecan Pie Crust or their Walnut Pie Crust.
Let's Make This Super Easy No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Pie!
Here is a slimmed down version on how to make this super easy no bake strawberry chocolate pie recipe! Scroll down for the full recipe.
Make the Chocolate Ganache. It's best to use a small glass heat proof bowl for this part. Good quality chocolate—whether it is chocolate chips or a bar of chocolate—is important.
Heat the heavy whipping cream in another heat proof bowl or measuring cup in the microwave. One minute, 15 seconds does the trick for me. This gets poured over the top of the chocolate, then cover it lightly with aluminum foil. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk together slowly.
If you need to reheat it, do so for only 15 seconds, then whisk again.
Spread the ganache into the pie crust. Use a spatula to spread the ganache onto the sides and bottom evenly of the Diamond of California® chocolate nut pie crust. When done place it in the freezer to chill for 15-30 minutes until it's set.
Usually by the time I am done mixing together the strawberry pie filling, it's ready to go!
Prepare the unflavored gelatin. I recommend using a glass, heat proof measuring cup for this part. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water to the glass measuring cup, then whisk in the gelatin powder.
Let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then mix in the 2 tablespoons of boiling hot water. Heat for 15-20 seconds in the microwave at full power. The gelatin should be full dissolved at this point. If not, continue to microwave for 15 seconds on high until it is.
Set it to the side to cool down while you make the strawberry pie filling.
Make the strawberry pie filling. You can use either stand mixer or hand mixer for this part. I found the hand mixer to be easier and was quicker to clean up.
Beat the cream cheese first for about 5-6 minutes until it's light and fluffy. Make sure you are using full fat, softened cream cheese.
Add in the Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk, ⅔ cup of the Lucky Leaf® strawberry pie filling, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and the unflavored gelatin mixture. Mix it all together until it is well blended.
Chill the strawberry chocolate pie. This is best done in the refrigerator for 6 hours or, my preference, overnight. This will give it plenty of time to set. It can also be kept uncovered while it chills.
Garnish. Using a spoon, add your remaining strawberry pie filling to the top. Top with some whipped cream (or thawed whipped topping) and some chocolate curls.
No Bake Pie FAQs
I don't recommend doing this, no. Without the gelatin, it will be hard for the pie to set leaving you with a soupy mess.
For a chocolate covered cherry taste, I recommend trying it with Lucky Leaf® cherry pie filling!
Nope! This is an optional layer that can easily be left out.
Full fat cream cheese mixes well with the other ingredients used in this recipe. It also does a better job when the pie is chilling and setting.
Using the strawberry pie filling and sweetened condensed milk gives this no bake strawberry chocolate pie filling the perfect level of sweetness.
I recommend spooning the remaining amount into a well sealed container then refrigerate until ready to use as the topping.
No Bake Strawberry Chocolate PieAuthor:
- 1 Diamond of California® Chocolate Nut Pie Crust
chocolate ganache layer
- 3 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ⅛ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
strawberry pie filling
- .25 oz Unflavored Gelatin Powder, 1 envelope
- 2 tablespoon Cold Water
- 2 tablespoon Boiling Water
- 8 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 14 oz Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 21 oz Lucky Leaf® Strawberry Pie Filling, divided (⅔ cup (156 g) for strawberry pie filling, remaining used for topping)
chocolate ganache layer
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a small heat proof glass bowl.
- In a separate heat proof bowl or measuring glass, heat the heavy whipping cream in the microwave for 1 minute, 15 seconds on high (or full power).
- Pour the hot whipping cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips, then cover lightly with aluminum foil. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add in the vanilla extract, then slowly whisk together until the chocolate ganache is nice and smooth.
- Using a spatula, spread into the bottom and sides of the Diamond of California® chocolate nut pie crust.
- Chill in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes until almost set. This is usually ready after making the pie filling.
strawberry pie filling
- To a small heat proof bowl or measuring glass add the 2 tablespoons of cold water, then whisk in the unflavored gelatin. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Add in the 2 tablespoons of boiling hot water, then heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until the gelatin has fully dissolved. Set to the side and allow to cool slightly.
- Using your hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese until lightly fluffy (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add in the Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk, ⅔ cup of Lucky Leaf® strawberry pie filling, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and the dissolved unflavored gelatin mixture. Mix together on medium-high speed until well blended.
- Pour the strawberry pie filling mixture into the prepared chocolate nut pie crust, then smooth out using a spatula. Place in the refrigerator to chill and set for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Spoon the remaining strawberry pie filling over the top of the chilled strawberry chocolate pie, then garnish with whipped cream (or thawed whipped topping) and chocolate curls before serving.
- Store any leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Keep the plastic cover that comes with the Diamond of California® chocolate nut pie crust and save it to use as a cover later when storing any leftover pie.